Bankruptcy Will I Lose Child Custody? Lost My Freedom? Change Job? Get Divorced?

Avoid Bankruptcy and Free Your Debt . Get Refinance Loans , Secured Debt Consolidation or Debt Settlement Advices.

Bankruptcy Will I Lose Child Custody? Lost My Freedom? Change Job? Get Divorced?

Will I Lose Custody of My Children?
There are no reported cases from any state of a parent losing custody because he or she filed for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy and divorce (or separation) are so often related these days that one frequently follows the other. Bankruptcy judges are becoming experts on family law matters, and family law judges are becoming experts in bankruptcy. Don’t worry about your bankruptcy affecting your custody status. Keep in mind, however, that bankruptcy does not relieve you of your child support and alimony obligation, past or present.

Will I Lost My Freedom?
We Americans are used to some basic freedoms, and many people fear loss of those freedoms if they file for bankruptcy. Relax. Except in some unusual cases, this just not going to happen.
Can I move? You are free to change your residence after you file. Just be sure to send the trustee a change of address form if your case is still open. If your move involves selling your house and you’ve filed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the trustee may want to use proceeds of the sale to pay off your creditors.

Can I change my jobs?

You can certainly change jobs while your bankruptcy case is pending, and after its ends. If you’ve filled a Chapter 13 case, be sure to tell the trustee so he or she can transfer the income deduction order.

Can I get divorced?
No one can force you to stay married, not even a bankruptcy judge. If you’ve filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and want to end your marriage, go ahead. Your bankruptcy case will probably end long before your divorce case does.


Bankruptcy Is it the right solution to your debt problems? Attorney Robin Leonard

Bankruptcy Will I Lose Child Custody? Lost My Freedom? Change Job? Get Divorced?

Avoid Bankruptcy and Free Your Debt . Get Refinance Loans , Secured Debt Consolidation or Debt Settlement Advices.

No comments:

Add This Article To Your Own Bookmark

AddThis Social Bookmark Button